Monday, November 3, 2014

My Supportive Family

UPDATE:

Hey again guys! Long time, no talk. So, this week was a pretty great one for my dad! We found out that, unlike what we originally heard, my dad IS able to go out in public until he starts radiation! This is great news. My whole family thought that he was not going to be allowed out of the house once he started chemo. Also, my dad, family and I had an awesome time carving pumpkins together for Halloween. Today was his second chemo treatment and luckily he claims he can feel it working! He’s been on his feet all week helping out around the house and shopping with my mom.

---

Anyways, I have decided that this week I am going to talk to you guys about what my dad has done for his family.

It started May 15th, 1981 when my parents got married – but we are not going to start there. Since I was born, both my parents have worked their hardest to provide the best life for each of their children – and for that I am very grateful. In September 2010 is when life became the toughest for the entire family.

I was only 16 years old, still in high school and while my oldest sister was already out of the house, my middle sister was only on her second year of college. My dad was one of the very last layoffs from GM when GM did the mass layoffs. He had worked there for over ten years! For him to find another job with great pay in such an economic down turn proved to be tough. He had to collect unemployment until he found another job. Our whole family supported him in his search. He ended up finding a job with near equal pay – the only problem was that it was in Egypt. My dad moved to Egypt to support his family. We kept in communication by Skyping constantly.

A short eight months later Greece’s economy crashed which in turn led Egypt’s economy to follow. My dad was let go from the company he worked for because they stopped funding American workers. Now to find another job… nothing well-paying seemed to be close to home! Next, he ended up four hours from home in Lewiston, MI.

My dad makes sure that his family is well taken care of, no matter what the cost. We all appreciate it more than he may ever know.

After the short six months he lived in Lewiston for the job (they let him go after they used him what they needed him for…) he came home to find a great job at Chrysler. He worked there for two years and was offered an even better job at Ford.

When I have my own family, I hope that I can provide for them like my dad (and mom) have provided for each other and their children.


Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind.


Donate to A Good Koss Here

No comments:

Post a Comment